Welcome to the Ball Ground Garden Club 
"Anetsa-Ga-DA"

Garden Club Motto: "Do the best you can with what you have."

"Anetsa-Ga-Da" is “Ball Ground” in the language of native Cherokee indians.

 

The Ball Ground Garden Club (a Section 501C3 Georgia Corporation) was formally organized in May of 1951 in Ball Ground, Georgia and acquired membership in the Garden Club of Georgia in September of 1951. 

  

The Club, as a member of the Garden Club Council of Cherokee County, helped place a Blue Star Memorial Marker in the Georgia National Veterans Cemetery in Canton, Georgia.  The five clubs in the Council maintain the area around the marker on a monthly, rotating basis.  

 

The goal of this club is the advancement of gardening, the development of home grounds, and the furthering of city beautification; the stimulation of interest in cooperative gardening, the aiding in the protection of forests, wild flowers, birds, etc.

Ball Ground Botanical Garden December 2020

 
Bridge and creek.jpg

Map to the Garden

 Garden Club Events

Join us for our Annual Plant Sale and Festival: Saturday - May 13, 2023 - 9AM to 2PM

Growing Plants
 

The City of Ball Ground, Georgia

The name of Ball Ground is a survival of Indian days, when the site of the present town was used by the Cherokees for their national pastime, the ball-play. The several hills on which the town is built sweep up from a broad level space to the south, probably the identical tract on which the Cherokees won a game of ball from their southern neighbors, the Creeks, for the prize of a thousand square miles of land.

Although its name has always been applied to the immediate locality, Ball Ground did not come into existence as a town until the railroad passed through it in 1882. Its development up to that year consisted mainly of two country stores and half a dozen dwellings. The community was almost purely agricultural.

ball ground.JPG
Subscribe to Our Newsletter

We will email us soon, thanks!